Dr. Bani Kanta Sarma joins JNCASR as Faculty Fellow in New Chemistry Unit
Prof. Jayanta Haldar
Dr. Princy J. Pereira
Awards received by Faculty
Prof. C.N.R. Rao
- Prof. M.G.K. Menon Memorial Award (2019) by the National Academy of Sciences, India.
- D.Sc. (honoris causa) from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Named one among the top 0.01% of scientists across fields, by a paper in PLoS Biology based on total citations, h-index data as well as co-authorship adjusted impact and author position. (doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.3000384)
Prof. Roddam Narasimha
The Department of Aerospace Engineering, IISc has instituted an annual Endowment Lecture in honour of Prof. Roddam Narasimha.
Prof. K.S. Narayan
Newton prize from International Union of Pure and Applied Physics in India.
Prof. G.U. Kulkarni
Dr. Raja Ramanna State Award for Scientist for the year 2018 in the field of science education awarded by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST).
Prof. Hemalatha Balaram & Prof. Maneesha S. Inamdar
SERB J. C. Bose Fellowship for the year 2019.
Prof. Chandrabhas Narayana, Prof. Tapas K Maji, and Prof. Subi J. George
Fellowships of Indian Academy of Sciences .
Prof. K.B. Sinha
Srinivasa Ramanujan Medal (2019) in Mathematics from Indian National Science Academy.
Prof. H. Ila
2019 CRSI Life-time Achievement Award Gold Medal.
Prof. Shobhana Narasimhan
Member of the Editorial Board of Physical Review Research.
Prof. T. Govindaraju
CDRI Award 2019 for Excellence in Drug Research in Chemical Sciences category and Visiting Professorship, University of Paris-Sud, France.
Prof. Ranjani Viswanatha
- CRSI Bronze medal 2020
- Sir C V Raman State Award for Young Scientists for the year 2018 in chemical science awarded by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)
Prof. Tapas K. Maji
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Chemical Sciences for the year 2019
- Among the top 10% of highly cited authors of RSC in 2018 in general chemistry portfolio of journals, and the Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) (Invited) in Leader in the Field Category in 2019
Prof. Kanishka Biswas
Among the top 10% highly cited authors in the Materials Portfolio of journals of the Royal Society of Chemistry in 2018.
Prof. C.P. Rajendran
Awarded the Indian Society of Earthquake Science Order of Merit Award 2019 during the Federation of Indian Geosciences Associations 2nd Triennial Congress at National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad (October 13 – 16, 2019).
Awards received by Students
Ms. Ananya Mishra from NCU (supervisor: Dr. Subi George) won the BIRAC-SRISTI Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award, presented by Honourable Vice President Mr. Venkaiah Naidu (photo below).
Mr. Premkumar received Best Poster Presentation Award in Magnetic Crystallography at the 53rd Course of the International School of Crystallography held at Erice, Italy from May 31 – June 9, 2019.
Ms. Chaitali Sow from CPMU (supervisor: Prof. G.U. Kulkarni) received the best poster award at the 10th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies held from June 23-28, 2019, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Ms. Anvitha S. and Ms. Medha Rao from EIBU won speed-talk prizes at SPEEC-UP 2019, Bengaluru, an event held at JNCASR on August 30, 2019 wherein talks were given on behavioural science, ecology, evolution, and
Ms. Pooja Barak from MBGU (supervisor: Prof. Anuranjan Anand), received the 2019 Developing Country Travel Award to attend the American Society of Human Genetics Annual Meeting in Houston, USA from Oct 15-19, 2019.
Ms. Geetika Dhanda from NCU (supervisor: Dr. Jayanta Haldar) received Bapu Narayanswamy Award for the Best Master’s thesis in Chemical and Materials Science, 2019 from the Centre; she also won best short oral presentation at the Chemical Frontiers conference at Goa, 2019.
Mr. Sumukh Purohit from CPMU (supervisor: Prof. K.S. Narayan) won best poster prize at Sunrise Symposium at the University of Oxford, UK sponsored by NSG Pilkington, NA.