- Annual Faculty Meeting: The Annual Faculty Meeting and In-House Symposium is scheduled on November 13 and 14, 2019. Speakers for the two-day event include Prof. Amitabh Joshi, Prof A. Sundaresan, and Prof. Umesh V. Waghmare from the Centre, Prof. J. Dasgupta, TIFR, and Praveen Kumar Vemulla, inStem. A play “Bharat Bhagya Vidhata” by Shrimad Rajchandra Mission, Dharampur is also scheduled on November 13, 2019 at 6:30 pm at the New Auditorium in JNCASR Jakkur Campus.
- International Winter School 2019 on Frontiers in Materials Science. Venue: AMRL Conference Hall, JNCASR, December 02-06, 2019
- 16th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics is scheduled from December 13-17, 2019, with Prof. K.R. Sreenivas, JNCASR as the convener.
- The Bangalore Science Habba (BaSH), will be held in January 2020 at ICTS, Bangalore with Prof. Rajesh Gopakumar as the convener.
- The MLK@80 Symposium is scheduled to occur at JNCASR from February 18-20, 2020, with Prof. S. Balasubramanian and Prof. Umesh Waghmare as the conveners.
- The International Conference on Perspectives on Vibrational Spectroscopy 2020, will be held at JNCASR from February 24-29, 2020, with Prof. Chandrabhas Narayana, Prof. Umesh Waghmare, and Prof. A. Sundaresan as the organisers.
Discussion Meetings & Conferences
- 8th Discrete Simulations of Fluid Dynamics Meeting 2019, organised by Prof. Santosh Ansumali (July 22-26, 2019).
- Chemical Frontiers Goa-CFG 2019, organised by Prof. R. Murugavel, IITB (August 22-25, 2019). A themed collection of articles was published by the Royal Society of Chemistry for this event.
- 15th JNC Conference on Chemistry of Materials 2019, organised by Prof. Subi J. George, JNCASR (Sep 30–Oct 2, 2019).
- Workshop for College Chemistry Students and Teachers, organised by Dr. Joshy Joseph, NIIST, Trivandrum (October 31 – November 02, 2019).
Prof. C.N.R. Rao Oration Award Lecture (20th in the series) was delivered on “Swalpa Ajust Maadi: Tweaking longevity pathways in stem cells” by Prof. Maneesha S. Inamdar, MBGU, JNCASR, on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at AMRL Conference Hall, JNCASR.
DAE-Raja Ramanna Lectures in Physics 2019
Events organised by Hindi Cell
On June 12 Hindi workshops was conducted on the topic “कार्यालयीन कामकाज में हिंदी की समस्याएँ” and another workshop organised on August 6, 2019 on “कार्यालयीन वाक्यरचना”. An orientation programme was organised on August 29, 2019. Several programmes were organised on the occasion of Hindi Week celebrations from September 18-20, 2019, which included Hindi Diwas Samaroh, Hindi Crossword competition, and Hindi news reading Competition. Staff members of the Centre enthusiastically participated in all the events and won prizes.
Vigilance Awareness Week
As per the notification from the Central Vigilance Commission, the Centre observed Vigilance Awareness Week from October 28 to November 02, 2019 on the theme “Integrity-a way of life”. On this occasion faculty, students and staff members of the Centre took a pledge on October 28, 2019 which was administered by Shri Joydeep Deb, Administrative Officer, JNCASR.
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
The JNCASR community enthusiastically participated in a 5-Km Marathon ‘Run for Unity’ on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) on October 31, 2019.